Are your drains clogged or slow to drain? Grease, soap, oils, hair, and other organic matter and debris can build up over time and make it tough for water to move. As frustrating as a problem this is, trying to use store-bought drain cleaning products can only make things worse. To effectively get rid of the issue, hire a San Jose drain cleaning professional. At Shark Plumbing Services, we repair, clean, and replace drains to put an end to the backup. Our plumbing team brings over 30 years of experience to every job, so you can rest assured that we know what it takes to fix the problem quickly without it costing you a fortune.
Call today or request an appointment online and our San Jose drain cleaners will get your drain cleaning issue resolved ASAP. Seniors and veterans can receive 15% off service. Customers in the San Jose area can reach us at (408) 351-0561, customers in the Redwood City area can dial (650) 288-4549.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
It can be hard to tell when a drain clog is serious enough to warrant calling a professional. Some minor clogs or slow drains can be easily fixed if you can fish our debris and hair from the opening. Other times, the problem is more complex.
Consider the following signs of a drain clog:
- Water pooling up around a shower, tub, or sink
- Gurgling noises
- Foul odors coming from the drain
- Appearance of drain flies
- Overflowing toilets
- Multiple clogged drains
- Higher than normal water bills
If using a plunger or drain cleaning liquid (which we advise against) doesn’t work, calling a trust drain cleaning expert can help to uncover the cause of your clog and effectively address the issue.
How We Approach Drain Issues
At Shark Plumbing Services, our plumbing team has seen and done it all when it comes to clogged drains. We have the knowledge, skills, and tools to effectively clean drains without using messy gels and liquids that are largely ineffective.
Some of the drain cleaning methods we apply include:
- Video camera inspections: Clogged drains can often be more complicated than an accumulation of gunk, that’s why we use cutting-edge video technology to find out exactly the cause of the blockage. We feed a specialized camera down your drain pipe and assess the internal damage or blockage and what it will take to effectively clear it out.
- Drain snaking: Using a specialized tool called a drain snake, we can dislodge the clog or break it up so water can drain smoothly once again. Also known as a drain auger, these tools work similarly to a corkscrew, breaking down any obstruction deep within your pipes.
- Hydro jetting: For serious clogs, we break out the big guns. Hydro jetting is a tool that involves a high-pressure water jet that we shoot down into your drain pipe that sends powerful blasts of hot water to break through clogs and clear away all grease, hair, and oil. This option can thoroughly clean out your entire drain pipe, restoring your drain pipes to “like-new” condition.
You may be tempted you handle a drain clog yourself by purchasing an inexpensive liquid drain cleaner. However, store-bought drain cleaning products contain abrasive chemicals that can negatively impact your pipes and the environment.
Some reasons we don’t recommend drain cleaning gels are:
- The chemicals in the drain cleaner can damage the integrity of your pipes
- They can be an ineffective temporary fix that doesn’t address the root of the drain clog
- They contain toxic ingredients that can irritate your eyes and burn your skin
When my toilet was overflowing, I called them for help. Their response was quick, and the plumber skillfully resolved the problem. They were courteous, professional, and took the time to explain what went wrong. The excellent service and fair pricing make them stand out from the rest. I'm grateful for their assistance and wouldn't hesitate to recommend San Jose Plumbing to anyone!Marion C.
Free Second Opinions* at No Cost or Obligation in English & Spanish! Dial (408) 351-0561 if you are in San Jose, or (650) 288-4549 if you are in Redwood City. * Monday - Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM, excludes weekends and holidays.San Jose, CA 95122 Service Areas